Summer 1995 Program Highlights
- Course instructors:
- Judy Kennedy (University of Delaware), Dynamical Systems
- Gail Nelson (Carleton College), Knot Theory
- Teaching Assistants
- Sara Kaste (St. Olaf College)
- Liz Stanhope (Carleton College)
- Computer Lab instructor:
- Laura Chihara (St. Olaf College)
- Problem-Solving instructor:
- Janice Sklensky (St. Olaf College)
- Colloquium speakers:
- Deirdre Smeltzer (St. Thomas), "Error-correcting codes and their applications"
- Deanna Haunsperger (Carleton College) "Does Your Vote Count?"
- Laura Chihara (St. Olaf College) "Mathematics and the Buckyball"
- Jeff Ondich (Carleton College) "Shaking Hands with Mozart"
- Steve Kennedy (Carleton College) "Two Heads are Better than None"
- Joe Gallian (University of Minnesota, Duluth) "Touring a Torus"
- Amy Kolan (St. Olaf College) "Playing Billiards on a Triangular Table"
- Linda Petzold (University of Minnesota)
- Honorary participant:
- Sam Haunsperger Kennedy
Summer 1995 participants came from the following schools:
- Augustana College, IL
- Beloit College, WI
- Western Michigan University
- University of the Redlands, CA
- Eckerd College, FL
- College of St. Benedict, MN
- University of Missouri
- St. Joseph's College, ME
- Spring Hill College, AL
- Willamette University, OR
- Western Washington University
- University of North Carolina
- Kalamazoo College, MI
- University of Wisconsin
- Carleton College, MN
- St. Mary's College, MN
- Hastings College, NE
- University of San Diego, CA
``Your problem is not defeat . . .
. . . it is an opportunity to grow."
Back to the SMP homepage.